INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SWIMMING OFFICIAL?
At the Ajax Aquatic Club, (unlike many other clubs) there is no requirement and no expectation from Club Owners or Coaches that you aspire to become a Swimming Official.
However, any parents or other family members interested in becoming a Swimming Official can do so on a completely voluntary basis.
Swimming officials at all levels in Canada are entirely volunteers. Each swim meet requires many trained officials who contribute to a fair, safe and positive environment.
They also ensure that the swim meets are run on schedule and efficiently.
Some of the benefits of becoming a Swimming Official include acquiring Swim Official training, which helps to understand:
- the terms used at a swim meet,
- the role of each official on the deck,
- the technical rules of each stroke (for example: why my child got DQ’ed?),
- You will also become more involved in an activity your child loves.
- You will also get as close to the meet action as possible.
- And of course you can take advantage of the refreshments provided at meet hospitality rooms.
If there is sufficient interest, offical’s training can be arranged for Ajax Aquatic Club parents.
Should any of you be interested in becoming a Swimming Official or wish to re-activate your Swimming Official status or wish to transfer former Swimming Official club affiliation please contact this Club’s Officials’ Coordinator (COC)